Ever have a craving for something salty & sweet all at the same time. This is the perfect recipe for you. Its super simple and comes together in moments.
Yield: 16 bars
¼ Cup salted butter, (plus more for greasing the dish)
4 Cup (10 oz) mini marshmallows
½ Cup salted caramel sauce, divided (See recipe below)
6 Cup freshly popped popcorn, un-popped kernels removed and discarded
1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Pop Popcorn Using Cuisipro White Reusable Bags 2000ml 3/4 cup pop corn 1 tsp olive oil 1tsp salt & set aside.
- Grease an 8x8 inch glass baking dish with butter and cut a strip of parchment paper so that it can lay flat across the bottom and overlaps two of the sides.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the mini marshmallows, and just before the marshmallows completely lose their shape, add ¼ cup of the salted caramel sauce and stir until completely smooth.
- Remove the pan from heat and mix in the popcorn until well-combined. Add in the chocolate chunks, stir until they are well-distributed.
- Pour the popcorn and marshmallow mixture into the prepared baking dish. We suggest laying another sheet of parchment paper over top and press the mixture together, so it fills the pan and is well-compacted. Allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, lift the contents of the pan out of the baking dish and place them on a cutting board. Drizzle with the remaining salted caramel sauce and cut into 2x2 inch squares.
- The Salted Caramel Popcorn Bars taste best the same day, while the popcorn is still fresh and crunchy. They can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days, but the popcorn will lose its crunch over time.
1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tsp sea salt
1/2 Cup half and half (or use equal parts heavy cream and milk)
1 Tbsp real vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat, whisking constantly or until thickened and no longer watery (6-9 minutes).
- Will thicken as it cools. Cool & set aside for when you are ready with the popcorn.