Instant Pot Roasted Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
Looking for a new idea for your Instant Pot? Try our easy roasted quinoa stuffed acorn squash using our vegetable steamer.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 pc acorn squash (medium-sized),
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup dry quinoa
1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1 apple, diced
8 shitake mushrooms, diced
½ cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp sage
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt, more to taste
Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each squash to create a flat edge, so the squash can stand up. Now cut each squash horizontally in half. Scoop out the membranes and seeds inside of the squash & discard.
- Drizzle the open face of the squash with olive oil. Divide sugar, maple syrup, butter, and cinnamon on each half of acorn squash.
- Add 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker and place the Cuisipro Vegetable Steamer inside. Carefully place squash halves on top of the Vegetable Steamer. Lock lid and close pressure valve.
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure using the natural release method, about 7 minutes. Release any remaining pressure according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the quinoa and broth to a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to maintain a low simmer. Cover with lid and cook until liquid is gone, and quinoa is fluffy. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes to cook. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion, celery, apples until softened. About 5-6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, cranberries, garlic, sage, thyme, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Sauté about 7-9 minutes, or until mushrooms and cranberries are tender (if food sticks to the pan, you can splash a little vegetable broth or white wine to deglaze).
- Remove from heat and add the cooked quinoa. Combine well and taste for seasoning, add more as needed.
- When the squash is ready, fill with the stuffing mixture. Place in oven and bake 10-15 minutes at 375 F, until the quinoa is lightly browned & crispy.