Simple Halloween Treat Ideas!
Halloween is the time of year you can get dressed up, eat tons of candy, and serve a tasty spooky treat! These super simple, and fun treat ideas for Halloween are kid friendly, great for parties or a fun cooking craft at home! Using easy ingredients, you probably already have in your fridge.
Even if you're too old for trick-or-treating, these Halloween treat ideas make the perfect snack to enjoy while watching your favourite scary movie or take to a Halloween party or potluck! Whatever your reason, these are fun and tasty, and I am sure you will make these over and over again!
Mummy Hot Dogs
Just like pigs in a blanket... but spooky! Want added Flavour - be creative add cheese or brush with Garlic Butter.
1 batch of pizza dough, home-made or store bought
12 hot dogs
1 tbsp water
Yellow mustard, as needed
Ketchup, as needed
- Roll out the dough out on clean, well floured surface, until very thin.
- Using the Cuisipro Pizza Wheel to cut the dough into very thin strips.
- Wrap one strip of dough around each hot dog, leaving ½-inch uncovered near the top of the hotdog for the face.
- Arrange on a lightly greased Cuisipro Professional Baking sheet.
- Whisk together egg and water and brush over dough.
- Bake at 350°/180°C for 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden.
- Dot mustard or ketchup on hot dogs with a toothpick to form eyes.
Bloody Finger Sugar Cookies
Don't let the raspberry coulis blood fool you, these are crunchy sweet and spookily tasty! Yield: makes 20 cookies
1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Cup icing sugar, sifted
1 Tsp almond essence
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2-3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp salt
½ Cup sliced almonds
Raspberry Coulis – for decorating (see separate recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line two Cuisipro Professional Baking Sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg, vanilla and almond essence. Combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to creamed mixture until evenly mixed.
- Divide the dough into fourths, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Work with small balls of dough, and shape into 3”x1/2” long finger shapes. Using a knife to indent the end of the finger to make space for the almond nail, to add the nail after baking, and 3 small slits in the middle of each finger to act as knuckles.
(Bloody) Raspberry Coulis
Sweet and tart compliment for your sugar cookie treats! Also great over ice cream.
Yield: 10 portions
2 pints fresh raspberries
80 ml icing sugar
1 pc fresh lemon, juiced
- Puree raspberries with sugar and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Pour mixture through a Cuisipro Standard Mesh Strainer into a bowl, pressing on solids.
- Coulis keeps 3 days, covered and chilled.
- Use Cuisipro Decorating Pen to add bloody like accents to your finger cookies!