These perfectly delicious, chewy, double chocolate salted cookies, are now our go to treat!. If you enjoy salty and sweet you will love these decadent cookies. Perfect for parties, after dinner snacks, or quiet Sunday afternoons. Whatever your pleasure, these cookies will not disappoint!
Recipe Tips & Notes:
- Flaked salt : we used Maldon's flaked salt. Any flaked salt will work here. If you only have coarse salt, reduce the amount slightly, as the salt flavour is more intense than flaked salt. If you are using fine salt, reduce the amount by more than 1/2.
- Sugar: we used both white and dark sugar for added flavour and to achieve the perfect cookie texture! We also recommend using dark brown sugar, as it adds great flavour. If you only have light (golden) brown sugar, you can use this as well, The flavour won't be quite as deep, but it will still taste great!
- Unsalted butter: unsalted butter is highly recommended. If you only have salted butter, you will need to reduce the amount of added salt in the cookie batter. Keep in mind you are adding salt on top the cookie as well.
- Dark chocolate: we used a bar of 70% cacao dark chocolate. If you only have dark chocolate chips or 60% dark chocolate, you can use these as well, however; the deeper the chocolate the nicer the contrast with the salty finish.
- Do not over bake! You want to take them out of the oven when the centers still soft. They will set more once cooled.
- You can freeze the dough, just allow more time for baking.
3/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter
1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
3/4 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
3.5 oz dark chocolate, 70% cacao, finely you can also use 60%
1 tsp Maldon salt, reduce by half if using salted butter or if using fine salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
- In a medium bowl, using Cuisipro flour sifter, sift flour and cocoa powder into bowl. Then whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown, and white sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl once or twice using Cuisipro spatula. Add in egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Gently mix in chocolate. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Using Cuisipro disher scoop, scoop out balls of dough and place 2 inch apart on a parchment-lined cuisipro baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookies slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with Maldon salt.
- Store in an airtight container once cooled.