This is our yummy go-to recipe for busy mornings! Meet the bakers! Joey is a cake artist and content creator. Her daughter Ellis is four years old and an aspiring cake artist herself. They both love to bake and decorate cakes. Learn more about Joey and Ellis (https://www.instagram.com/thecakinggirl/)
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total Time: 30 mins
Tips for the Perfect Muffins:
- To prevent the mix from being overworked, first mix the wet ingredients together in one bowl and mix the dry ingredients in another.
- The most important rule of muffin making is to not over stir the mix. Resist the temptation to stir or beat the batter until it is smooth and lump free.
- Do not overbake!
Step by step images:
Follow these simple step by step images. Recipe below
Products Used in Recipe
1 medium banana
½ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups instant oats
1 cup milk
½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350’F. Spray the muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or fill it with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together eggs, mashed banana, brown sugar and vanilla until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in oats and milk.
- Add in chocolate chips and fold in with spatula.
- Scoop ¼ cup per muffin liner.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until oatmeal is browned and a toothpick comes out of a muffin center clean without crumbly bits.
- Let it cool for about 10 mins before removing muffins from the pan.
- They can be stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days. They can also be wrapped individually with plastic wrap and the freeze for an easy morning breakfast.