Canada Day is a time to come together and celebrate all things Canadian, from the breathtaking landscapes to the rich cultural heritage. And what better way to honor this special day than by indulging in some mouthwatering treats? Let us take your Canada Day celebrations to the next level with creative and delectable cooking ideas. Get ready to embrace your inner chef and showcase your Canadian spirit with a range of delightful dishes that will impress family and friends.
Canadian Flag Pizza
- Pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Pizza sauce of choice (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 block mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices (meatless option - red peppers or tomatoes.)
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza dough package instructions or to 425°F (220°C).
- Dust the Cuisipro baking sheet with a light coating of flour or cornmeal.
- Place the pizza dough onto the Cuisipro baking sheet and begin stretching it gently with your hands. Start from the center and work your way towards the edges, being careful not to tear the dough.
- Continue stretching and shaping the dough until it reaches the desired size and thickness. The rectangular shape is ideal for creating a Canadian flag design.
- Spread a generous amount of pizza sauce evenly over the entire pizza dough, leaving no border.
- Shred your mozzarella cheese using your Cuisipro 4-sided Grater. Arrange the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato sauce, covering the pizza evenly.
- Create the Canadian flag design using pepperoni slices. Start by placing the pepperoni slices approx 3 rows deep on each side of the pizza depending on size of pizza, evenily overlapping slightly as shown in image. This will represent the flag's red background.
- Finally, to create the maple leaf shape in the center of the pizza, we used a large slice of pepperoni - you can also use ham, or salami. If you don't want meat replace all with red peppers or tomatoes. Tip: if you want precise shape trace the maple leaf shape on a piece of parchment paper, cut it out, and then use it as a guide.
- Place pizza into preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool slightly on your Cuisipro Pizza Peel before slicing.
Enjoy & serve your Canadian flag pizza!
Oh Canada Trail Mix
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup yogurt-covered pretzels
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup maple-glazed pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the dried cranberries, yogurt-covered pretzels, white chocolate chips, and maple-glazed pecans.
- Mix well, ensuring that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Once mixed, transfer the trail mix into an airtight Cuisipro reusable bag.
Tip: If you cannot find maple covered pecans, you can buy raw pecans lightly coat with real maple syrup and bake them in the oven 10 min or air fry for 5 min, let cool completely and add to mix.
True North Poutine Bar
Ingredients for Poutine Bar:
- French fries (made using the Cuisipro mandoline)
- Bacon crumble
- Montreal smoked meat, thinly sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cheese curds
- Green onions, diced
- Oil for frying (high heat oil for frying)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- You can also add additional toppings to your Poutine Bar, such as caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, or pulled pork, to enhance the variety and flavours.
Homemade Gravy Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme (optional)
- Prepare the French fries using the Cuisipro mandoline. Cut the potatoes into thin, uniform slices.
- Soak the fries in cold in water for at least an hour or overnight. (The longer they soak, the crispier the fries)
- Rinse off the fries with cold water and pat them completely dry.
- Heat oil to 300ºF . Fry them in batches for 5-6 minutes per batch. Don’t overcrowd the pan or, they won’t be as crispy. Using Cuisipro Grill/Fry Tongs and place on a paper towel.
- Once all of your fries are fried. Increase heat to 400ºF and re-fry in batches for about 3-5 min to achieve ultimate crispiness .
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the flour and whisk continuously until it forms a smooth paste, known as a roux. Cook the roux for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Slowly pour in the broth while whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Add the Worcestershire sauce and season with thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the gravy to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the gravy thickens to your desired consistency. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the crispy fries in a large serving dish or individual bowls.
- Place the bacon crumble, Montreal smoked meat pieces, cheese curds, and diced green onions in separate bowls or plates, creating a colorful and inviting spread.
- Invite your guests to create their own poutine combinations by layering the ingredients over the fries.
- Lastly have fun and encourage everyone to get creative, and experiment with different combinations of toppings to suit their taste preferences.
From all of us here at Cuisipro, we wish you a delightful Canada Day filled with laughter, good food, and cherished memories.
Happy Canada Day!
What You'll Need: