Looking for something fun to do this Halloween that you can eat? We have a quick, kid friendly recipe that will have them spooked and asking for more. With a 30 min prep and cook time, this recipe is easy to manage. Enjoy our Mummy Hot Dogs!
Yield: Servings: 12
- 1 Batch of pizza dough, home-made or store bought
- 12 Hot dogs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- Yellow mustard, as needed
- Ketchup, as needed
- Roll the dough out on a clean, well floured surface, you want a thin dough.
- Using a pizza wheel, cut the dough into very thin strips.
- Wrap one strip of dough around each hot dog, leaving ½-inch uncovered near the top of the hotdog for the face.
- Arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet so they do not touch.
- Whisk together egg & water and brush over dough lightly.
- Bake at 350°/180°C for 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden.
- Dot mustard or ketchup on hot dogs with a toothpick to form eyes.